– Technological Advisor of the General Manager of the Agency for Environment and Energy Management (ADEME – France)
– Vice president of the French Committee for the Environment and Sustainable Development (Committee 21 – France)
– Deputy Manager of International Affairs (ADEME)
Education: Chemical engineer – PHD physics, University of Lyon and CEA
1964-1971 – Chief of laboratory for batteries and fuel cells (Compagnie Générale d’Electricité – ALSTHOM).
At first, member of the Research Department in the Ministry of the Environment, where he created air pollution and noise pollution divisions.
During six years, technical advisor of the Minister, cabinet of the Minister of the Environment (1981 – 1986).
Then, Director of the R and D department of the Ministry of the Environment, including statistics, economic and regulatory studies (1988–1992).
Chairman of EUREKA projects for solid waste management.
French Delegate for EU Directorate 12 (R and D).
Chairman of environmental bilateral commission with USA, Canada, Korea, Japan, etc.
Initiator of the French Institute of the Environment.
Environmental Management system expert (ISO 14001).
Member of several national scientific committees (INRA, CNRS, CEMAGREF, CEA, Museum of National History).
Scientific Advisor of the Minister of the Environment (1992-1994).
Delegate in the Water supply organization in the region Paris-Ile-de-France (1989-1995).
French Delegate in UNEP Assembly.
Since 1995 – ADEME and Committee 21 (sustainable development) deputy manager of international affairs in ADEME
Solid waste treatment specialist.
International expert for energy and environment (energy efficiency and renewable energies)
Chairman of Committee for air pollution treatment (relationship between research and industry) since 1999.
In 2010, inventor of the “circular eco-technology concept” and specialist of green technologies (energy and environment – renewable energies – new technologies for biomass and catalysis)
- J.C. OPPENEAU has written many papers covering several aspects of environmental technologies and systems (chemical devices, solid waste treatment technologies, electric vehicles, relationship employment and environment, environmental catalysis and electro-chemistry, health and environment, environmental monitoring systems, international environmental markets, energy efficiency technology etc.)
- In 1996, he did the expertise of Korean solid waste policy before this country was appointed as OECD party. He has an important experience in adapted technologies (technology transfers) for the developing countries.
- Studies Vietnam : environmental situation in Halong Bay – planification of infectious wastes in Vietnam
- Sustainable development expert – climate change expert
Teaching and training experience: Several short courses in environmental field, Graduate courses in environmental engineering (University Paris VI and Paris VII, University of Quebec), Director for environmental courses in Congo (Africa).
Awards: Officer Légion d’Honneur.
- Commander Ivory Coast Order.
Environmental experience in many countries: US experience includes the responsibility of French US research cooperative Center for hazardous wastes (French side), under the authority of NSF.